Are you planning to head to the Houston Rodeo? Since 1932, visitors have flocked to this massive event now held at Houston’s NRG Park. A true Texas tradition, the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo is an annual livestock exhibition, rodeo, carnival, trade fair, and concert. It’s considered one of the most prestigious events in the city and features a wealth of activities for all ages.
The rodeo in Houston is something you shouldn’t miss. Before making your decision to attend, let’s discuss what you can expect from this event.
With more than 2 million visitors each year, the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo is the largest annual event in the city and ranks among the 10 largest events in the country. The event runs from February 28 to March 19 each year at NRG Park. You can experience the thrill of world-class rodeo action, be entertained with live music, indulge in delicious food, and enjoy one of the biggest carnivals in the country.
With the mass amount of people visiting, parking can be interesting, especially for RVers. If you’re coming with your RV, book your stay at Jetstream RV Resort Pearland — just 12 miles south of downtown Houston and only minutes away from NRG Park. With us, you can guarantee your space and ensure there won’t be any parking challenges.
Attractions and Activities
The Houston Rodeo is a spectacle of the best in entertainment, with three weeks of fun and exceptional competition. The event includes shows, displays, food, arts and crafts, carnival rides and games, music, and everything else you’d expect from a Texas rodeo.
For more inspiration, here’s a complete list of attractions and activities:
- Agventure: See various livestock and learn about agriculture.
- Carnival rides: Explore rides and enjoy a 360-degree view of the rodeo’s whole venue, as well as games and food stalls.
- Food: The event gathers the best chefs, caterers, and vendors from Texas and beyond to create a wonderful culinary experience.
- Shopping: There are countless retail vendors, so you can shop until you drop.
- Wine garden: Get a chance to savor at least 75 award-winning wines from Texas.
- Concerts: The Houston Rodeo also brings the biggest names in music with a stellar lineup of concerts.
- Shows and competitions: You’ll have the opportunity to watch ranch rodeo shows and competitions, including breed shows and horse races, team roping, bull riding, and more.
Don’t miss experiencing the best of Houston with the most famous rodeo in the world! So, get those boots ready for a wild time of rides, competition, food, and so much more.